Puregene AG is a leading global cannabis breeding company. Puregene AG has developed an advanced breeding program based on state-of-the-art molecular biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics and genomics. Puregene AG, together with its academic and industrial partners, has deciphered the world’s first cannabis pan-genome. Thanks to the information about which characteristics of the plants are located where on the genome, Puregene AG can breed new, better cannabis varieties efficiently and purposefully, and this completely without GMO.
Puregene AG is a subsidiary of Pure Holding AG. Pure Holding is the leader in the European non-psychoactive cannabis industry. Since it was founded four years ago, the innovative company has grown organically and quickly. The Pure Group has thus succeeded in establishing itself as Europe’s largest CBD producer. The group is fully vertically integrated and covers the entire cannabis value chain through its six different subsidiaries.
- Take the lead on managing, propagating and ensuring high-quality delivery of plant material using tissue culture and cuttings for breeding and research purposes.
- Assist with crosses and activities related to the development and characterization of new germplasm.
- Keep a constant overview on the availability of plant material and seeds.
- Collect, curate and update the database for new plant material and seeds.
- Strive for the continuous improvement of the germplasm database.
- BSc / Sc., in Agronomy, Agricultural Sciences, Plant Breeding, or related scientific field.
- At least two years of relevant experience is desired, either from industry or university, with genetic resources and germplasm
- Desired but not mandatory experience in tissue culture.
- Self-sufficient in planning and conducting assigned activities.
- Skilled on Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Fluency in both German and English.
- Self-motivated with problem-solving skills.
- Competitive working conditions.
- Dynamic, young and ambitious working environment.
- Working with cutting-edge technologies.
- Have an impact on the largest Cannabis breeding program in Europe.